Memberships are now based on a rolling, annual membership. You will receive a membership renewal ‘reminder’ (via email) about 1 month before your membership expires next year.
No, as a volunteer organisation, we prefer all membership applications to be made online to reduce the administration overhead for the Committee. If this poses a big issue for you, please contact us.
There are many great benefits to being a KWA member:
- you get $10m public liability insurance cover
- you can take part in all KWA events
- you are supporting the Association that supports you
- it’s a great way to meet other kiteboarders in Western Australia
- you’ll be in the know when it comes to anything kiteboarding in WA!
Your KWA membership fee ($125) is used for several things as follows:
- $65 goes to Public Liability Insurance
- $15 goes directly to KWA to run events and to keep YOUR Association operating
- $45 goes to KA for the membership system, welcome packs and their role to manage kiteboarding on a national scale
You are insured from the time that your membership is approved and is valid for a 12 month period, from the date you join KWA. KWA is the state arm of kiteboarding Australia, your membership is both KA & KWA.
Anyone who is a current KWA or KA member qualifies for the insurance, regardless of nationality or age.
Full details about the insurance policy can be found on the KWA insurance page
The KWA insurance policy covers most overseas countries. Please have a look at the V-Insurance Group Information Portal to ensure you’re covered.
VERY IMPORTANT: KA/ KWA Public Liability Insurance is NOT a replacement for your normal holiday insurance.
It normally takes 14 – 21 days from receipt of your payment. If after 21 days you haven’t received anything, please contact Kiteboarding Australia to let them know.
Wind: 6km/h NE
UV index: 1
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error