WAKSA is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the WAKSA Web site and governs data collection and usage. By using the WAKSA website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
WAKSA collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. WAKSA also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by WAKSA. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by WAKSA for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the WAKSA Web site.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through WAKSA public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: WAKSA does not read any of your private online communications.
WAKSA encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from WAKSA so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. WAKSA is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the WAKSA and WAKSA family of Web sites.
Use of your Personal Information
WAKSA collects and uses your personal information to operate the WAKSA Web site and deliver the services you have requested. WAKSA also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from WAKSA and its affiliates. WAKSA may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
WAKSA does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. WAKSA may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, WAKSA may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to WAKSA, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
WAKSA does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
WAKSA keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within WAKSA, in order to determine what WAKSA services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within WAKSA to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
WAKSA Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on WAKSA or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of WAKSA; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of WAKSA, or the public.
The WAKSA Web site use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize WAKSA pages, or register with WAKSA site or services, a cookie helps WAKSA to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same WAKSA Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the WAKSA features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the WAKSA services or Web sites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
WAKSA secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. WAKSA secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Changes to this Statement
WAKSA will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. WAKSA encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how WAKSA is protecting your information.
WAKSA welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that WAKSA has not adhered to this Statement, please contact WAKSA. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
The WAKSA Web Site is comprised of various Web pages operated by WAKSA.
The WAKSA Web Site is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your use of the WAKSA Web Site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.
WAKSA reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which the WAKSA Web Site is offered, including but not limited to the charges associated with the use of the WAKSA Web Site.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The WAKSA Web Site may contain links to other Web Sites (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under the control of WAKSA and WAKSA is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. WAKSA is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. WAKSA is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by WAKSA of the site or any association with its operators.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
As a condition of your use of the WAKSA Web Site, you warrant to WAKSA that you will not use the WAKSA Web Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the WAKSA Web Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the WAKSA Web Site or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the WAKSA Web Site. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the WAKSA Web Sites.
USE OF COMMUNICATION SERVICES
The WAKSA Web Site may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, “Communication Services”), you agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
WAKSA has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, WAKSA reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. WAKSA reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
WAKSA reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in WAKSA’s sole discretion.
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service. WAKSA does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Service and, therefore, WAKSA specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service. Managers and hosts are not authorized WAKSA spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of WAKSA.
Materials uploaded to a Communication Service may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
MATERIALS PROVIDED TO WAKSA OR POSTED AT ANY WAKSA WEB SITE
WAKSA does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to WAKSA (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to any WAKSA Web Site or its associated services (collectively “Submissions”). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission you are granting WAKSA, its affiliated companies and necessary sublicensees permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their Internet businesses including, without limitation, the rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission; and to publish your name in connection with your Submission.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission, as provided herein. WAKSA is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and may remove any Submission at any time in WAKSA’s sole discretion.
By posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission as described in this section including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the Submissions.
THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WAKSA WEB SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. WAKSA AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE WAKSA WEB SITE AT ANY TIME. ADVICE RECEIVED VIA THE WAKSA WEB SITE SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR PERSONAL, MEDICAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE TAILORED TO YOUR SITUATION.
WAKSA AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED ON THE WAKSA WEB SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. WAKSA AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
SERVICE CONTACT : Email WAKSA
WAKSA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the WAKSA Web Site and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice. GENERAL To the maximum extent permitted by law, this agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Washington, U.S.A. and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in King County, Washington, U.S.A. in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the WAKSA Web Site. Use of the WAKSA Web Site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and WAKSA as a result of this agreement or use of the WAKSA Web Site. WAKSA’s performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of WAKSA’s right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the WAKSA Web Site or information provided to or gathered by WAKSA with respect to such use. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect. Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and WAKSA with respect to the WAKSA Web Site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and WAKSA with respect to the WAKSA Web Site. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent an d subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. It is the express wish to the parties that this agreement and all related documents be drawn up in English.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES:
All contents of the WAKSA Web Site are: © WAKSA 2017 and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
The example companies, organizations, products, people and events depicted herein are fictitious. No association with any real company, organization, product, person, or event is intended or should be inferred.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
NOTICES AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement under United States copyright law should be sent to Service Provider’s Designated Agent. ALL INQUIRIES NOT RELEVANT TO THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE WILL RECEIVE NO RESPONSE. See Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Get Social with us
Kiteboarding Western Australia - formerly WAKSA shared an album.
13 hours ago
Safe to say everyone had a fun packed weekend on the water down in Safety Bay!! Huge shout out to Safety Bay Yacht Club, City of Rockingham, Gokiting WA Surf & fellow committee member Ieke for organising this years Kite Karnival event & to the Sunday TT Racing crew! 🙌🏼🙌🏼
📸 AdrenalineBoardSportsDay for Fun and exciting kiting, with Body drag races, twin tip racing, expression sessions and big air ... See MoreSee Less
Kiteboarding Western Australia - formerly WAKSA is at Floreat Beach.
7 days ago
James Carew has been enjoying the delights of Perth! 💨
📸 Repost • True Spirit Photos I had the chance to grab a few photos of James Carew enjoying a few waves off one of Perth’s beaches late this afternoon. Photos taken at Floreat Groyne. Gallery of these photos & others from that shoot on True Spirits website. @jamesscarew
. . .
#duotonekiteboarding #ionaction #quobbafins #truekiteboarding #justanotherdayinwa #waveriding #australia #westernaustralia Kiteboarding Australia Duotone Kiteboarding International @ Floreat Beach ... See MoreSee Less
2 weeks ago
As the season is in full swing & kite beaches are busy, here are some useful points to consider to help prevent future accidents courtesy of Kiteboarding Australia accredited school Kitebud...
1) Keep more distance from each other. Of course this is easier said than done especially when it's busy, but if you are a more experience kiter getting close to beginners (whether they are in a lesson or not) you are eventually going to get tangled with someone. Avoid getting inside the wind window or too close upwind of any learner (or anyone else for that matter). Remember that everyone once was a learner and learners panic when anyone gets too close to them, which increases the risk of an accident.
2) Avoid flying your kite on the beach at the Zenith (12) unnecessarily for long periods of time when the beach is crowded. In our kite school we use 5 meter lines and really small (3 to 5m) kites to fly safely on land which greatly minimises hazards for other kiters around.
3) When the wind speed doubles you QUADRUPLE the power in your kite. That's right, on a day like to today in 30 knots (sand stinging your legs), you will get 4 TIMES the power you would get in 15 knots. Ensure you choose the correct kite size for your weight and skill level. If you're in doubt, don't go out. Give even more distance between each other and from obstacles in strong winds
4) Learn to launch and land safely. We witness so many failed launches which in the majority of cases are due to poor technique (walking too far upwind, pulling the bar all the way in, having the wrong hand on the wrong side of the bar etc.). Get proper instruction for this to prevent accidents. Get into the water with your kite as close to the water as possible to minimise the risk in case something goes wrong. The safest would be to have both the Pilot and the kite over the water
5) Your friend, boyfriend, or family member may be good kiters but are not necessarily good instructors. Professional kite schools have qualified instructors, insurance, permits and use safer under-powered kites and shorter lines in the early stage of the learning process. Hooking your 10m kite to your 55kg girlfriend for her to fly on the beach in 25 knots is NOT safe and will most likely result in an accident and potentially injure others as well. If you choose to learn with an unqualified instructor, please choose an area with less traffic and be respectful of others around you.
6) Learn to use your safety systems. If your kite suddenly drifts to the power zone on land by mistake or if you are in a tangle situation with another kite, ACTIVATE YOUR QUICK RELEASE NOW. Not acting quickly could result in bad consequences and you may end up losing your kite due to excessive tangles jamming your safety system
7) Carry a hook knife on your harness, this could save your life!
😎 Hook your safety leash at the front or on the side of your harness. Hooking your safety leash at the back of your harness is dangerous as you may not be able to reach it in an emergency.
9) Avoid self-launching and self-landing on on a busy beach with people / kites / obstacles inside or close to your wind window. This in an unnecessary risk which will eventually cause an accident that won't involve just yourself but also others downwind of you.
10) Learn to self-rescue and if you don't know how to do it, get a professional instructor to show you, this could save your life and your gear. If you kite in deep waters without being able to rescue yourself you will force others to help you when you get in trouble.
11) Learn the right of way rules. Any kiter that is entering the water has the right of way over anyone coming in towards the beach. If you are kiting back towards the beach and you see someone trying to get into the water from the beach you must turn around and him/her priority. There are a few exceptions, check with local kiters at the spot or check our guides online.
Safe kiting everyone 🏄🏼♀️🏄🏻♂️ ... See MoreSee Less